On the job training
The Ziegler Apprenticeship Program offers on-the-job training with no prior experience or education required. As a Ziegler apprentice, you will build your skillset through hands-on and classroom training led by Ziegler technical instructors over the course of the 14-month program. The goal at the completion of the training period is for all apprentices to earn a career as a diesel repair technician at the Ziegler branch near them.
Consider This Program if You Are
- Graduating from high school with an interest in becoming a diesel technician
- Exiting the military
- Looking for a career change
- Desire for a career as a diesel mechanic
- Commitment to the 14-month program
- You must be 18+ and a high-school or GED graduate when the program begins (every July)
- Ability to travel. Training courses are held at your local branch and other Ziegler locations (lodging provided).
- Strong work ethic, ability to work well as part of a team, and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work cleanly and safely
Iowa: Altoona, Atlantic, Fort Dodge, Mason City, New Hampton, Postville, Sheldon, Sioux City
Wisconsin: DeForest and Dodgeville
Missouri: Chillicothe, Marshall, Maryville